Due to personal reasons, for the time being, I shall be celebrating Women in Horror Month online, discussing the work of the incredible women I have encountered over the years and looking to what the future looks like for women working in horror. Jennifer xo


Find me on social media @jennifersbodies on Twitter and Instagram.


"Jennifer’s Bodies is a roving annual festival of female-helmed horror movies and part of Women In Horror Recognition Month, an international assortment of affiliated events organised partly to highlight just how much women can and do contribute to the genre outwith the typically accepted factors of tits, ass and mezzosoprano screaming." Starburst Magazine

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Woman Crush Wednesday - The Mother of ALL Inspiration....MADONNA!!


I fucking LOVE Madonna.  Like....more than average love of a pop star.  She is my ultimate female love and inspiration, and a truly worthy contender for Woman Crush Wednesday.  Hell, I could write a feature on every single song, and video she has ever done.  Haha. :)


So anyhoo...yesterday I discovered that previously unreleased tracks from her Erotica period had surfaced.  EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!  This is the single fucking coolest, and most squeeee inducing music moment I have had in a while.  Erotica is one of my single most overplayed, loved to fuck, and just downright favourite albums of ALL time!!


So yeah, this is pretty fucking overload of awesome for this hardcore Madonna nerd right now.  Bad Girl is possibly my favourite song of all time, it's sheer perfection.  And the video...did you know that it was directed by David Fincher?  And stars Christopher Walker.  It's fucking EPIC, and so beautiful.


What I love so much about the Bad Girl video is that it perfectly echos that feeling of utter lonliness and depression, one that can only be rectified by death.  And for someone such as Madonna to really put herself out there like that, I think it's truly something special.  She has faced so many hardships over her life, and she has fought and clawed her way back on more occasions than I can remember.  This woman is an inspiration and one who I for sure am grateful to all her awesome outspoken feminist ways. 


Ooh, and like Madonna says, you can Like it, Or NOT!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be a douche...the comments section is there for constructive criticism and praise...not for asshole trolls to rant! Ya dig!?!