Due to personal reasons, for the time being, I shall be celebrating Women in Horror Month online, discussing the work of the incredible women I have encountered over the years and looking to what the future looks like for women working in horror. Jennifer xo


Find me on social media @jennifersbodies on Twitter and Instagram.


"Jennifer’s Bodies is a roving annual festival of female-helmed horror movies and part of Women In Horror Recognition Month, an international assortment of affiliated events organised partly to highlight just how much women can and do contribute to the genre outwith the typically accepted factors of tits, ass and mezzosoprano screaming." Starburst Magazine

Sunday 10 January 2016

Jennifer's Bodies 2016 - Submission Guidelines - Date - Venue - New Partnership!



Fuck me.....year number 7!  Where has the time gone!?!!

I am really excited to announce that for this year's Jennifer's Bodies I have hooked up with my makeup/sfx bestie in crime, Hayley Tinline.  Hayley and I have worked on a number of films and projects together and so it makes perfect sense to partner up.  We have some truly wicked things coming your way for this year's Women in Horror Month and Jennifer's Bodies which shall be hosted at the Flying Duck in Glasgow.  The Flying Duck is absolutely the perfect place for this as it is a Vegan place with a totally alternative rad crowd....and my cousin Chris works there! :)

"Opening in 2008, The Flying Duck has hosted a variety of club nights and we’ve had a fair go at trying pretty much every other kind of event – graffiti jams, life drawing, film screenings, queer nights and some really curious gigs and performance events. Over the years, we’ve developed quite the reputation."


Sooooo....to submit your films.....

Your feature film/short MUST be either directed, produced or written by a woman.  
  • All submissions must obviously be horror (doh!), be it psychological, zombie, ghost, revenge, slasher...as long as it is horror~ific...and if you're not sure, by all means, please do get in touch!  I also love haunting sad films that ooze melancholy and many of these can still be deemed horror of sorts.  It's all subjective to our own personal ideas I guess.  :)  
  • For submissions of shorts and features, if you could email me links to a private Vimeo/YouTube account with the password for me to view.  If I then accept your submission for this year's festival, I will require a copy to be posted out on DVD/Blu-ray AND a high-quality downloadable copy (I am covering all my bases this year, haha!!).   
  • Once you have been accepted into Jennifer's Bodies 2016, when posting out your DVD, if you could also include any campaign materials in hard copies, such as postcards etc. for your film. This way I can display them at the event and it makes it easier for people to remember the names of all the things they've seen. 
  • Also if you have any other promotional items such as t-shirts, patches...whatever other rad things that you'd like to send.  :) I will be doing a giveaway and raffle at the event, with all funds raised to be donated to Beagle rights charity Unite to Care.  Also my boobs like to put your tees on them too.  They likes the coverage, moooahahahaha.  So T-SHIRTS for Morleysaurus BOOB coverage = GOOD!!  
  • There is no charge for submissions. 
  • I will consider a feature/short that is not directed by a woman IF it is both written and produced by a woman and has a strong female lead performance.
  • Every year I screen a film directed by a MAN that has basically taken on board all of the principles of Women in Horror Month.  Such as Jose Pedro Lopes, and Jeremiah Kipp; both previously screened at Jennifer's Bodies, due to their strong female empowered films.  If you are a woman and you feel that you know a guy who embodies everything that we stand for, get them to drop me a line. :)
  • All submissions are due by January 24th 2016.  (The day that MIGHT actually kill me, haha!!)
Email for submissions and more information - jennifersbodies@gmail.com

Details to include -

  • Name
  • Website/Facebook Page/Twitter/Tumblr/Instagram/Pinterest etc.
  • A Small Bio About Yourself
  • Short Description of Submission
  • Links to YouTube/Vimeo (other private video site) with password
  • Details of any awards won
  • Trailer
  • Poster
Come find me on Facebook and LIKE, LIKE, LIKE
Flying Duck Facebook 
Women In  Horror Month

Sunday 28th February 2016
The Flying Duck
142 Renfield Street (right next to bus station!!)
Glasgow

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be a douche...the comments section is there for constructive criticism and praise...not for asshole trolls to rant! Ya dig!?!